The solution in the attached layout uses a stretch hooding machine as a cage wrapper. It makes a hood from a large reel of tubular film and cuts and heat seals the top of the hood. The benefits of a cage wrappers are as follows:
- Tamper proof wrapping possible, as the hood is complete and covers the whole cage or pallet
- Low level film feed system, so no high level access required
- Quick to change over film rolls
- Double head machine can hold 2 film reels either of different dimensions or the same size for a reserve reel
- No heat required to shrink the hood, so its economical and safe to operate
- The hooder uses no pneumatics or hydraulics. Plus we do not need to lift up the cage or pallet to have the film underneath, no compromise with load stability
- Film can be colour coded for different depots or products
- Film surface is flat which is great for labelling
- If using clear film you have full visibility of the product inside if required
- Hoods are made to suit the cage height, so it is very economical and wastes no film
- Hood can be drawn underneath the cage if required
- Films can be as low as 20 microns gauge, we have already trialled this film, normally film is around 40 micron for example
- The layout attached relies on hand fed cages up a ramp, then the cages are auto fed into the hooder and fed out automatically
- The operator will then remove the wrapped cage down the ramp. Or we can feed automatically to a buffer store conveyor or vehicle loader or shuttle system etc.
- The ‘Dino’ machine is made in Holland and PHS are the sole UK agents based in Burnley, we will service your machine fully from UK.
- Finally for the time being, the ‘Dino’ is very competitively priced, simple and reliable.
Dino Stretch Hooder pdf brochure, please click on the link below.